If you are looking for a family sedan with many fuel-friendly features, Toyota Camry would be the right choice for you. Over the years, Toyota has made an inimitable name and reputation in the automobile industry across the globe.
With Toyota, trust and faith come spontaneously. The 2022 Toyota Camry has an assertive style and performance with fuel efficiency and active safety features that all come with goodwill followed by generations of established reliability.
Toyota Camry life expectancy
You can expect your Toyota Camry to serve you loyally for eight to ten years. This is equivalent to 200,000 to 300,000 miles on the road.
Toyota Camry is one of the most in-demand cars in the United States followed closely by its rivals. With every passing year, the model keeps improving than its previous versions.
With enhanced fuel efficiency and commendable engine performance, Toyota Camry has several amenities for drivers. Toyota always updates its new models by bringing in minor changes at a time instead of bringing in a whole new level of technology.
What’s the average life expectancy of the Toyota Camry?
The Toyota Camry can run for more than 200,000 miles on road. It can even go up to 300,000 miles. This will count to almost 8 years going up to 10 years, giving you really good mileage.
Additionally, if you are using your car for an average of 15,000 miles annually, your Toyota Camry can serve you for more than 15 years. There are a few survey reports that this amazing car can travel more than 300,000 miles.
As with any other car, the longevity of your Toyota Camry largely depends on the way you handle it. If you take care of your Toyota, it will run smoothly for you over an extended period.
The smartest way to be careful with your car is by ensuring to drive it gently along with keeping a check on its maintenance. Anything besides this will shorten its lifespan. Toyota Camry has a lower maintenance cost ranging from $300-$400 annually as compared to its competitors, along with a lower ownership cost.
Why do Toyota Camrys last so long?
Toyota Camry is an impressive vehicle known for its durability. With an average of 200,000 miles, the company makes sure not to compromise on the quality at any cost whatsoever.
Every Toyota Camry that the company produces has some form of innovation. Toyota always focuses on improvement with quality. The company’s approach to improvement comes with PDCA meaning ‘plan, do, check, action’.
The engines work efficiently since the company fixes all the weak points again and again until they achieve the desired results. The management system makes sure to check the vehicles for defects and remove them before dispatching them to the customer.
How reliable is a Toyota Camry?
Toyota is known for manufacturing reliable vehicles for years. According to RepairPal, Toyota Camry stands at the third position when compared with 24 other midsize cars, being the most reliable family car in the market. It has got a reliability rate of 4.0 which is above average.
It can stay at your doorstep for longer than many of its competitors. Toyota Camry is arguably the highest-ranked midsize vehicle reported in the 2019 J.D. Power Vehicle Study.
In 2019, Tim Cain, who is a well-known auto journalist, mentioned a model of Toyota Camry that drove up to 340,000 miles. Moreover, the car was reportedly in working condition and the owner even resold it to another buyer.
On a ToyotaNation forum, another Toyota Camry user reported using this car for already 300,000 miles and is still running with no issues. Moreover, the person concerned even reported that he has never had any major issues with the car like battery problems or transmission failure.
According to the consumer’s reports, reliability comes in when serious issues are absent. Some of these issues that determine the reliability of a car are:
- Engine problems are the worst kind of glitches a car can give its owner like replacing or rebuilding an engine. There have been very few reported engine problems in Toyota Camry.
- A driving system like traction control and CV joints comes next that ensures your safety on the road. Toyota Camry has a good record in terms of the driving system.
- Failure in the transmission system or sensors adversely affects a car’s reliability. Toyota has a smooth sensor system with hardly any complaints.
- The failed fuel system can lead to costly repairs. Toyota Camry has an efficient fuel system ensuring good gas mileage.
Factors that can impact the life expectancy of Toyota Camry
If you are planning to buy a Toyota Camry, you are making a good choice here. With all the advanced amenities the car has in store for you with super mileage performance, you can take some steps that can increase the life expectancy of the Toyota Camry:
- Stick to the Toyota Camry maintenance schedule: As long as you follow all the scheduled maintenance appointments for your car, it will work properly. These scheduled appointments are very important as it thoroughly checks your car for any problems and solves it before it aggravates.
- Select genuine parts: When going for servicing, make sure you choose authentic car parts if it needs a replacement. Filters, hoses, oil, etc. should be the good-quality ones so that the performance of your car does not suffer. With quality parts, you can increase the life of your car.
- Pay attention to the operation of the car: Try to focus on any issues you think the Toyota Camry is having and fix them at the initial level itself. Whenever you drive, pay attention to all the operations of the car from engine to electronic features. When you address potential issues at an early stage, they do not complicate. This proactive approach will save you money as well.
- Cleaning the car: Make sure you take some time out for your car regularly. Also, keep the exterior as well as the interior of the car clean. Your car will give you proper returns if you care for it in the first place.
Is Toyota Camry better than similar car models?
Toyota Camry has a premium interior design with spacious rear seats for the whole family’s comfort. Its competitors Hyundai Sonata and Honda Accord fall short of this feature.
Moreover, Toyota has a powerful engine generating 203 horsepower, which is more than Nissan Altima’s engine generating 188 horsepower. Toyota has an all-wheel-drive feature that Chevrolet Malibu does not have.
Toyota Camry has a very cheap maintenance bill of just $388 annually. This is probably the lowest maintenance cost when compared to other midsize cars in the market.
As RepairPal reports, severe issues that occurred in Toyota Camry were only 11%. Therefore, this car is better than its contemporaries as it has a lower rate of serious repairs. Toyota Camry has improved over the years with reports revealing fewer technical glitches.
With all the information available in this post, you must be sure by now about your next car. Be it driving assistance technology or Touch screen infotainment system, big cargo space, or comfortable driver’s and rear seat’s space-Toyota takes care of all.
This happens to be one of the most economical non-hybrid cars seen on the highway. If you consider yourself to be a car enthusiast, make sure to give it a try.