Every pet owner can attest that their animal companion has its share of bad days. The pet’s undesirable conduct generates a lot of hassle for the automobile owners who have to deal with it.
Your dog’s poor conduct includes destroying the paint job on your automobile with his claws. Many people are unaware that they can fix scratches on an automobile. Here, we will discuss methods for removing dog scratches from a car’s finish.
Can you remove dog scratches from the car?
Yes, you can remove dog scratches from the car. The majority of scratches come from a dog’s nails. These scuffs can be small or severe depending on how deeply they have scratched the paint.
Scratches from dog hair are another frequent source of injury. When dogs frolic in the grass or the woods, they often return with their hair caked with mud, twigs, and leaves.
In turn, the dog’s jumping in and out of the automobile might create scratches if the debris rubs against the vehicle. Saliva from a dog is another typical source of scratches. Saliva from a dog’s licks may create unsightly stains or streaks on a car. These scars are ugly and are also difficult to remove.
Scratches that run horizontally across a vehicle’s body are due to a dog’s claws scurrying over the paint. When a dog leaps in or out of the vehicle, its claws might snag on the doorframe and leave a vertical scratch.
How to remove dog scratches from the car?
Let us now check out different methods to remove dog scratches from a car.
- First, give the area a quick rinse to eliminate loose dirt or dust.
- Second, put a dab of toothpaste on a wet microfiber cloth and squeeze off the excess water. To get the toothpaste to foam, rub it over the damaged area with a towel.
- After 5-10 minutes, use a soft brush to scrape off the remaining foam.
- To complete, wash the affected area and dry it with a clean towel or microfiber cloth.
- Do it again if required until the scratches disappear.
- First, use soap and water to clean the area immediately around the scrape.
- Step 2: Second, get the surface surrounding the scratch as smooth as possible by sanding it down.
- Step 3: Third, prime the area.
- Step 4: Fourth, use matching paint to fill up the space surrounding the scratch. Wait until the paint is dry.
- The fifth step is to cover the scratch with a clear coat. The clear coat needs enough time to dry.
Wash the car thoroughly
- Wash the car thoroughly with clean water to remove any debris or dirt
- Apply a product for scratch removal in a circular movement from the inside out
- Implement back-and-forth movement to cover up the entire scratch surface. It will also eliminate any blemish on the vehicle.
- Remove the additional product with a clean sponge or a cloth.
- Repeat this process 2 to 3 times till there is no scratch visible.
You can protect your car from dog scratches after its removal by using a dog barrier, keeping the nails of your little friend trimmed, and cleaning their hair regularly. You should also invest in a pet seat cover and car scratch protector to keep your vehicle shining as a new one.
So this is how you should try to remove dog scratches from a vehicle using a product designed specifically for that purpose, toothpaste or paint.
If you are under a time crunch and rapidly need to remove dog scratches from a car, you can try the above solutions or appoint a professional to do the job.