Made in Korea, Hyundai Elantra is a high-ranking small automobile. Elantra is recognized for its daring designs and inexpensive price tag. The new model of elantra boasts a hybrid engine choice, a technology-packed infotainment system and a sporty exterior.
It is a good automobile for urban driving, urban running, commuting, etc. This car has an outstanding reputation for quality and reliability. Go through the entire article to know how long Elantra lasts.
How long do elantras last?
An Elantra can go a distance between 200,000 – 250,000 miles if you maintain it properly and if you have conservative driving manners. If you ride 15,000 miles per year, then elantras can last nearly 13 to 17 years before breaking down or needing costly repairs. It would certainly reduce its lifespan if you drive it without periodic maintenance.
Is Elantra reliable?
The Hyundai Elantra received good ratings on all important reliability marks. It received a rating of 4.5 out of 5.0 While the firstest generations exhibited average power economy, the later elantras models were launched with additional fuel efficiency with every new generation.
You can find at least one 2013 Elantra that has clocked a million miles in the duration of 5 years. As per Hyundai, the automobile is still utilizing its factory-issue powertrain.
It offers the latest Elantra to anybody who attains the target. While you may not push your car to such an extent, you’ll be happy to learn your automobile can go 200,000 or even 300,000 miles if properly maintained.
Does the Hyundai Elantra have a lot of problems?
Despite its outstanding quality, like any other automobile, Elantra has had its reasonable share of issues over the years. You must learn about the Hyundai Elantra issues. The problems this car has are as follows:
- Bad speed detectors in the transmission- It can be extremely annoying while steering on the expressway.
- Defective airbag system– It may go off and on sometimes and generates complications on the proper effectiveness of the airbag.
- Electrical system issue- More than 500 car owners have experienced the issue. This issue troubles the automobile while starting
- Steering problem– As per some people they did face issues while driving and experienced shocking moments. The Hyundai company recalled almost a hundred automobiles to deal with the problem.
- Other Hyundai Elantra issues are unstable wear of the tire, a malfunctioning FM tuner, and noisy brakes.
How to keep your Elantras last longer?
Follow these below-mentioned easy tips to make sure your Hyundai Elantra will last longer:
- Alter engine oil daily. Engine oil takes care of the various components of the automobile’s engine by keeping them lubricated. Renew your engine oil as suggested by your car’s service manual or every 5,000 miles.
- Always maintain the cleanliness of your car. Letting moisture and dirt grow around vulnerable components of your automobile will cause corrosion and rust, which are not easy to fix.
- Learn the alerting indications on your dashboard. Understand what your automobile is trying to convey. If you can’t recognize what a clue that is flickering on your dashboard implies, you can shortly understand when you need to take your vehicle to the car mechanic.
Hyundai Elantra is your best choice if you need a small vehicle with contemporary conveniences. You will receive everything you require at an affordable rate. And by providing this car at a fair price, it not just lets you enjoy the newest tech-savvy traits but also notably defeats its rival.
The longevity of this car is something that can’t be avoided while choosing a car. If you maintain the car properly and drive carefully, you can make this car a strong partner for almost 20 years.